The Little Forks Conservancy is looking for a Stewardship Coordinator!
Reporting to the Director of Land Conservation and in collaboration with the entire Conservancy team, the Stewardship Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities will extend to all aspects of accomplishing the Conservancy’s mission, including: preserve management, assisting with land protection projects, volunteer engagement, landowner relations, and conservation easement monitoring.
- At least two years of relevant experience, preferably with a land trust or similar conservation organization.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- A dedicated team player with a sense of humor and a commitment to protecting the natural environment who also works well independently.
- Available to work before and after normal business hours and on the weekends, as necessary.
- Valid MI driver’s license and the ability to safely operate motor vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, natural resource management, biology or a closely related field
- Experience creating and implementing land management plans including experience with invasive species control, natural resource restoration, and trail development.
- Ability to work with a variety of power tools.
- Experience securing and managing grant funding
- Proficiency in ArcGIS, GPS and field mapping techniques
- Experience creating baseline documentation reports and monitoring conservation easements.
- Knowledge of Great Lakes ecosystems.
- Experience coordinating and managing conservation programs.
More than anything, Little Forks Conservancy is looking for a highly-motivated, creative, organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a passion to serve our land conservation mission. The Coordinator must have strong diplomatic skills and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Compensation: The Little Fork Conservancy offers a competitive compensation package including health, vision & dental insurance. Salary commensurate with experience, but anticipated to be between $30,000 and $35,000.
Please respond by submitting a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format by November 8, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.