Now Accepting Applications for 2019!
In partnership with the AmeriCorps program, we are able to offer an exciting position that will work to improve and protect the health of our region’s land and water. We are seeking an individual to assist with the Conservancy’s land stewardship program collaborating with landowners and at our nature preserves. We will be looking for someone who is self-motivated, knowledgeable in GPS and GIS, is able to manage multiple tasks, communicate well through public speaking and writing, and has a background in natural resources.
Some tasks include:
Coordinating the MiCorps Stream Monitoring Program in the Spring and the Fall
Map and remove invasive species through chemical and physical treatments
Monitoring at least fifteen conservation easements
Coordinating a Cedar River Clean up in late summer.
Oversee volunteers assisting in stewardship activities at the nature preserves.
Implement community conservation programs such as Conservaiton@Home
All positions require the following:
• A college degree is required
• Members must be a citizen of the United States or have proof of lawful permanent resident alien status
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be committed to serving 1,700 hours from January 14 through November 15, 2019
• Ability to pass a background check
• An opportunity to join others with dedication, passion, and enthusiasm for the environment and for national service
• Develop real-world skills, increase your experiences and have the opportunity to network with other resource professionals
• Educational award in the amount of $6,095
• Loan forbearance of qualified federal student loans during the term of service
• Living stipend totaling $13,732 (distributed bi-weekly; this is taxable income)
• Health care coverage
• Child care benefits, if eligible
Fill out the Huron Pines AmeriCorps Application
Click on this link to read the full Land Steward Position Description
Submit one cover letter, resume and Huron Pines AmeriCorps Member Application via email to Sarah Topp at email@example.com
All applications must be in by September 28th, 2018. Interviews will take place on November 8 and 9, 2018 in Gaylord, MI.
Any questions regarding the position at Little Forks Conservancy contact Elan at Elipschitz@littleforks.org